There are two error message you'll need to fix:
- Unable to negotiate with X.X.X.X port 22: no matching host key type found. Their offer: ssh-dss
- Corrupted MAC on input. Connection to X.X.X.X closed by remote host.
Both errors are fixed by modifying the SSH config file. The fix follows:
In terminal, issue: sudo nano /etc/ssh/ssh_config
Enter your password and hit enter
1. Scroll down until you see this line:
# MACs hmac-md5,hmac-sha1,email@example.com,hmac-ripemd160
2. Delete the pound sign, which will un-comment that line and make it active.
3. Now scroll down to the bottom of the document and add this line:
4. Hold Control and hit X to exit, hit Y to save, and Enter to apply.
That should do it!